Its November, and this year is almost at a close. In a month, most of us will sit down to the traditional Thanksgiving roast turkey feast. Will rub shoulders with family we havent seen all summer, watching football and films, and making plans for Christmas together. Some of our most vulnerable family will have to miss it this year, making it for many people, the first Thanksgiving in memory theyve not been able to have some family near.
In just eight more days, it will have been only 400 years since European pilgrims on board the Mayflower first looked across th horizon at the shores of Cape Cod. To mark the moment in thanks to God for getting them through an awful 65-day nightmare of rough seas and the ship being tossed about that included a damaged mast halfway across the Atlantic ocean, they read out Psalm 100 in unison.
Thanksgiving is a time of reconciliation and of forgiveness in our families, and a time to reflect on the graces we have been shown. At Antero Automotive, we have been fortunate that we did not lose anyone this year in the pandemic /// still mourning the loss of friends who passed away this year.
As for our own families, we give thanks for making it through the pandemic, and for still having a home or a job after many businesses were forced to closed and jobless people were then evicted. Despite hardships, we all got through a terrible time, with a little help.
- When you needed to go out looking for food and toiletries, your car was there for you. You ar provided an almost airtight wall between you and a world filled with unknowable uncertainty. You depended on your car to get you where you needed to go safely, and your car protected you and your family.
- Wouldnt it be nice to give something back to your car? You can, of course, if you wish to. You can show your gratitude by being kind to your car.
- Give your car a thorough clean. Cleaning your car, inside and out, is helpful for you and your car. Cleaning the cabin helps you avoid allergens and molds that form from neglected spills, and that protects our help. Cleaning dirt and grit from your car and leaves from your intake points helps protect your engine from particulates that tend to damage your systems over time.
- Keep your car a peaceful place. With the holidays on the way comes the worst traffic of the year. Learn to minimize or eliminate your anger and road rage. Let upsets and frustrations go with a smile, This allows you to make good driving decisions and makes your car a gentle place.
- Consolidate all your errands together. To go out again and again puts needless wear on the car. Making one big trip reduces wear and tear, and means youll have less chance of an accident.
- Get your vehicle inspected for the winter. If youre a first time customer, theres a coupon for a free vehicle inspection on our Specials page.
The great thing about all of these ideas is that they work to save you money or protect you (and your car).
At Antero Automotive, we're dedicated to making sure you have the best automotive experience possible, and that includes helping you prepare for your 4-wheeling adventures along Colorado's back roads. Schedule an appointment today with the pros at Antero Automotive. Feel free to stop by our shop located at, 6615 S Dayton Street Greenwood Village, CO 80111, with any questions or just to talk wheeling!. We hope to see you soon!